Exciting party ideas for celebrating a wedding anniversary are difficult to come up with but bring immense joy and fun in the celebration when planned and implemented properly.
So, let your creative juices flow. Finally, combine your imaginative ideas with the ability to organize the event well ahead of time to create an enjoyable party for anniversary celebration.
While planning the party, focus on all the aspects related to the party. Think about ways to make it exciting for guests of all age groups, that is, youngsters, adults as well as kids.
If possible, involve other family members in party planning and arrangements. Not only will this help make the anniversary party better, but it will also help you enjoy the Herculean task of organizing the party perfectly.
Ideas for Wedding Anniversary Party
- Before going ahead with plans to celebrate wedding anniversary of a couple, think of ways to make this occasion special and memorable for them.
For instance, simple, family oriented couples would prefer to have intimate family dinner or may be a family picnic. Couples with lavish lifestyle, on the other hand, would love to see their wedding anniversary party being hosted extravagantly, especially for milestone anniversaries.
- Hosting a theme party is one of the most amazing wedding anniversary ideas. You can go through a variety of interesting themes to decide an appropriate theme for your party.
For example, when hosting 35th wedding anniversary party, you can inventively incorporate the traditional coral theme associated with this wedding anniversary year.
- To make the party interesting for your guests, encourage them to keep moving among other tables as well so that they can mingle with other guests instead of staying glued to their own tables and hence getting bored. Nonetheless, do not force activities on your guests, or else they might feel uncomfortable.
- Recreating the setting of anniversary couple’s original wedding is a fantastic idea. Involve the guests in your celebration by asking them to share interesting stories about the couple.
- If the couple is renewing vows on this occasion, it is better to invite only their intimate friends and family members first. Commence the actual party with the rest of the guests after vow renewal.
- You can arrange for a slide show showing the celebrating couple’s journey together. Further, display wedding photos and pictures of the couple from over the years.
This idea for an anniversary party works particularly well in case of senior couples. They are sure to relish this nostalgic experience on this occasion.
- When planning a pompous milestone wedding anniversary party, such as a party for 25th, 40th, 50th wedding anniversary, make sure you get impressive invitation cards designed according to the theme of the party.
If you are holding a surprise party for the anniversary, inform the guests about this beforehand. In addition, ensure proper arrangements for other aspects like food, decoration, background music, guest book, party favors, etc.
- Including party games is one of the best wedding anniversary ideas to make the party more entertaining. Moreover, you can set up a karaoke, dance competition, musical chair game or simply a couple trivia consisting of interesting questions about the couple.
“Married couples resemble a pair of scissors, often moving in opposite directions, yet punishing anyone who gets in between them.”
– Sydney Smith