Anniversary cake is an integral part of any wedding anniversary celebration. You can make this aspect of your celebration more delightful, by applying wonderful cake ideas.
However, while trying to make the cake more appealing, do not overlook the specifications regarding its taste and flavor. Pay heed to the famous Finnish proverb that says, “Many cakes are beautiful on the surface, but have crappy fillings.”
Here are some interesting cake ideas for wedding anniversary party
- Cakes are usually decorated with flower and butterfly designs. Thus, you can explore other uncommon designs to make your cake look unique. Consider the loving couple’s hobbies like music or sports and get the cake made in the shape of a musical instrument or golf course.
- Getting the cake designed in the shape of the wedding anniversary year such as 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, etc. is another fabulous idea. Moreover, you can use sugar gemstones to decorate the delicious cake.
- Having a replica of the original cake from the couple’s wedding is one of the most popular cake ideas that can be used in a wedding anniversary party, especially in case of milestone anniversaries like 40th, 50th or 60th wedding anniversary. Alternatively, you could use a replica of their first home or car.
- Getting the cake covered and decorated with fondant displaying an edible photo image of the couple is a great idea for enhancing the appeal of a wedding anniversary cake.
- Decorating the cake according to the anniversary theme is an extremely popular idea. Plus, get the wedding date and couple’s name written on the cake.
- If you are looking for ideas for a wonderful 50th wedding anniversary cake baked at home, consider having sugared violets on it. They add nice flavor and complement the theme as well, violet being the traditional flower for 50th anniversary. In addition, select a beautiful cold porcelain figurine to decorate your yummy cake.
- Keep the weight of cake in mind while selecting a cake design because certain designs come out better on smaller cakes, whereas some enhance the beauty of larger ones. Preferably, let a specialist cake decorator help you make the perfect choice.
- In case you are not interested in a bulky cake, you can opt for tiered cupcakes. This is a fairly inexpensive option that gives you the opportunity to include a variety of flavors as well.
- Using impressive cake toppers is one of the best ideas for decorating a wedding anniversary cake. Make sure you select a cake topper that complements the couple’s preferences and personality. If the couple appreciates humor, you can also go for a funny cake topper.